Thursday, August 22, 2019

TAYLOR DAYNE - "I'LL WAIT"

I'll Wait (Shep Pettibine - Taylor Dayne - Tony Shimkin) - 4:44 rating: **** stars


Yeah, this one even surprises me ...  I can remember when the sound of Taylor Dayne's voice would see me quickly changing radio channels.  There was just something about her voice that I found shrill and irritating - her performances evoked a chalk-on-the-blackboard response to my ears.   At least on the surface 'I'll Wait' isn't all that different from her standard dance moves (which were at least better than the over-the-top ballads).  Mindless dance moves with the title repeated time after time after time ...  And yet this one's always struck a chord with me.  I've never counted the number of times the title is repeated, but the song's got a catchy beat and Dayne's normally nasal delivery didn't sound half bad here.  Go for the dance remix since it speeds up the arrangement. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvIWRoXBfnc

No comments:

Post a Comment