Sunday, November 3, 2019

HOLLIES - "GIVE ME TIME"

Give Me Time (Allan Clarke - Terry Sylvester) - 3:06  rating: ***** stars


In December 2019 I decided I would update all my BadCatRecords sales listings to include LP cover photos.  When I originally put my record collection online, I did it quickly, only putting up photos for the really expensive items. Anyhow, at the time I started to upload the images, I thought it might take me six months to finish the project.  Here I am a year later and I've done "A" through most of "H" and "N" through "S".

While adding "H" entries I discovered I owned a ton of albums by The Hollies.  While adding the LPphotos I started listening to some Hollies tunes and rediscovered what a great band these guys were.

Of of their 1975  Another Night" album, 'Give Me Time' simply captured that special Hollies sound.  Allan Clarke's instantly recognizable voice, those to-die-for-harmonies, coupled  a wonderful "Irish bar" melody made it a track that could have been a massive radio hit had anyone at the label, or on radio been paying attention.  And that damn hook sets it's hooks in your head and won't let go ...  "give me time, give me, give me time ..."

And for anyone who wants to check it out themselves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxIhQWbF49Y


No comments:

Post a Comment