Sunday, September 8, 2019

BRYAN FERRY - "DON'T STOP THE DANCE"

Don't Stop the Dance (Bryan Ferry) - 3:56 rating: **** stars




In college I got into a Roxy Music phase and ended up buying a bunch of Brian Ferry solo albums.  Unlike his work with Roxy, for some reason, Ferry's sophisticated, man-of-the-world solo sides just let me cold.  I tried hard to like those album, but just never could get the taste.  The albums just sounded cold, distant, and calculated.  They sat out there on my for-sale list for years and then a couple of weeks ago a Japanese collector bought them all at once.  While I was packing the albums up I decided to give a couple of them one last spin.  Imagine my shock when I discovered how appealing 'Don't Stop the Dance' was.  Yeah, it featured Ferry at his sleekest, but the song had a slinky groove that was simply stellar and it featured one of the coolest sax solos out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjhTHQhJLxs

No comments:

Post a Comment