Sunday, September 15, 2019

TOTO - "21st CENTURY BLUES"

21st Century Blues (Steve Lukather) - 6:08 rating: **** stars






To be honest, I hadn't bother listening to a Toto song since college ...  

I was sitting on my deck reading a book with Radio Caroline playing in the background when this tune popped up.  Joseph Williams' voice and the group harmonies grabbed me by the throat and wouldn't let go and the song got even better when the Steve Lukather guitar solo kicked in.  Unfortunately, I missed the artist and song title, so I had to dig around a little to find the act.  Imagine my surprise to discover it was Toto !!!  Not sure what the rest of the 2015 "Toto XIV" album is like, but this slice of AOR is simply killer.  The dark and cynical lyrics only make it stronger.   May just have to buy this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment